Hey Bro – Welcome to the Bro-club!
…where our vision is to create regular time and space for men to authentically connect, share what’s most important in life, and learn and grow from each other – within a supportive, confidential, trusting and fun environment; as well, to create opportunities to meaningfully contribute to the community.
You are as you are, there’s all types of Bro’s. The key is to connect, discuss challenges, share options and encourage forward movement. In a way, the Bro-club is equivalent to your ‘personal go-to sounding board’ – the people you can hang out with for support, give feedback and act as a sounding base for you as you move forward in your life. It’s also about having a ton of fun with like-minded bros!
Components of the club include, but are not limited to:
- ‘Bro-meets’: Monthly meet-ups on the first Tuesday evening of each monthly – location TBD. These will follow very specific structures, systems and processes that have a proven success of helping, educating, challenging and inspiring each person to learn, grow and expand who they are and want they want out of life. Consider these meet-ups as the backbone of our Bro-Commitment.
- ‘Bro-downs’: Events and adventures throughout the year based on peoples’ interests and leadership in making bro-stuff happen (i.e. camping, fishing, biking, running, and other interests and hobbies).
- ‘Bro’s to the Rescue’: The vision is that the Bro-club will also become a go-to-place for people who might need help with stuff. It’s a way that bros can help each other or people Bro’s know in the community. Bro’s have skills, knowledge and Bro-Power so we might as well put it to good use i.e. move a dead fall, shovel snow, jump a car battery, change a light bulb, etc. (this is of course voluntary but a Bro wouldn’t turn down a nice cold beer if it was offered)
- ‘Bro-dues’: As the concept grows and meetings and events are planned, costs will be incurred. Therefore there will most likely be a small monthly cost. TBD.
- ‘Bro-info’: A website and Facebook page that is already very active. It will include a list and have announcements on upcoming events and opportunities. It will also include a place for educational and inspiring resources that are aligned with our overall vision, values, and all-round sharing Brotherly goodness.